Glencoe Guest House - Terms and Conditions
WelcomeThank you for choosing to book with Glencoe Guest House. We look forward to welcoming you. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
The price includes accommodation and breakfast. Unless clearly stated on the booking form all extras such as additional meals, telephone drinks etc. are additional. We accept the following forms of payment: cash, cheque with banker’s card, debit cards and credit cards. Unfortunately, we do not accept Diners cards.
Pets are not permitted, however, assistance dogs are allowed for those who are visually impaired.
Cancellation and Insurance
If you need to cancel please contact us as soon as possible.
If it is necessary to either alter or cancel your travel arrangements, the following details clarify our policy:
- If more than 14 days’ notice is given before the intended date of arrival, a full refund of any deposit already received will be made less the current administration fee. The booking may be deferred to a later date at this stage.
- If 14 days or less notice of cancellation is given and the room cannot be re-sold, the deposit will not be refunded, refunds will be less the current administration fee. Management reserve the right to consider whether or not the booking may be deferred to a later date.
- We do understand that some cancellations are unavoidable and will endeavour to re-sell the room in order to be able to refund a deposit. We will only retain deposits for rooms we are unable to re-sell.
- Where we are able to refund deposits, an administrative charge of £10 will be levied.
- If less than 24 hours’ notice is given no refund will be made.
- Should the need arise to check out early we reserve the right to charge the full amount applicable to your original booking.
- In the event of a no show, management reserve the right to charge the full amount applicable to your original booking.
- We recommend you take out adequate holiday insurance cover and check that your policy covers you for cancellations due to emergency situations.
We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. This may be because of fire, flood, explosion, emergency evacuation, failure of power or water supply or the incidence of disease on the premises. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
We make every effort to ensure that your accommodation will be ready from 2pm on the day of arrival, if an earlier check in is required, please let us know at the time of booking. However,we can provide your room key and offer safe storage of your bags if you arrive before your room is available. Please let us know if you plan to arrive after 10.00 pm and if there are any changes to the stated check in time so we can ensure we are here when you arrive.
Please be ready to leave your accommodation by 10.00 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. Your bill for the accommodation and any extras or services taken during your stay is payable on departure.
Damages and Breakages
Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge if you did not report this.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves, or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
At Glencoe Guesthouse children under the age of 16 are welcome when accompanied by a responsible adult, however, we do not accept children
under the age of 2 and we do not provide cots, high chairs or booster seats. If required these should be brought with you. Children aged 12 and over will be charged at the adult rate and those aged over 2 and under 12 will pay half the adult rate.
Smoking at Glencoe Guest House is against the law. Please note that in the event of any breach of this, we reserve the right to report the guest(s) to the authorities; the guest will also be asked to leave immediately.
Furthermore, the guest(s) responsible will be liable for professional cleaning costs in addition to the balance of the cost of their proposed stay.
Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
Whilst every endeavour will be made to secure a specific room as requested, Glencoe Guesthouse reserves the right to alter such reservations for business reasons if required, however, changes will be of same quality room in every case.
Glencoe Guesthouse reserves the right to withdraw the single occupancy rate in rooms 1,2 & 3 during periods of high demand.
Return of items left at the Guesthouse
We are happy to return items left at the guesthouse. However, guests will be liable for the postage plus an administrative charge of £10.
Please note we are unble to return perfumes in bottles that have been already opened.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay at Glencoe Guesthouse then please speak to Sally or Keith or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to resolve the issue
We look forward to welcoming you to Glencoe Guest House.
For all bookings we require a deposit of one night’s stay to confirm the booking.
We will take this from the credit card details provided at the time of booking, or you can pay by cheque.
You must make sure that this reaches us as soon as possible after the booking is confirmed.
We will send you an email or text confirming the booking and letting you know what the outstanding balance is.
The balance is due on departure.